- Kite Shop & other merchandise
- Interactive Animal Display & Stage Show by Wildlife Xposure
- Face Painting by Willow Star*
- Kids Yoga with The Zestful Way
- Kite Making with Kites4Kids*
- Possum Pete from Great Ocean Road Coast Committee
- Flower wands with Robertsons Farmgate*
- Recycled Craft with Urban Upcycle
- Bunnings Little Gardeners
- LEGO zone
- Kids Go Bush by Anglesea YMCA
- Story Time with Torquay Books
- Colouring In Corner
- Live entertainment by Finnigan August, Dazzling Dan, One Spirit African Drumming and The Truants.
Food and Beverages
The following vendors will be serving up delicious food and drinks at the 2019 Surf Coast Kite Festival:
- Sausage Sizzle hosted by Jan Juc Preschool
- Free fruit for kids supplied by Coles Torquay
- Barista coffee by Ocean Grind
- Paella by Paellamigos
- Woodfired pizza by Pete’s Pizza
- Momos & rice paper rolls by Taste of Tibet
- Yummy ice cream by Nordenfine
- BBQ by Sticks & Bones
Single use, disposable water bottles will not be available at the festival. Instead, visitors will be able to access fresh water at the Barwon Water Hydration Station so please remember your reusable bottle.
OUR PHILOSOPHY AND COMMITMENT
The Surf Coast Kite Festival is a fun, free community event and fundraiser for Jan Juc Preschool.
It is the philosophy of Jan Juc Preschool that children be encouraged to learn and grow through a play-based curriculum that reflects the individual and unique nature of every child. The Surf Coast Kite Festival was an idea born out of this philosophy, to create an outdoor event that everyone – young and old – could enjoy.
The Surf Coast Kite Festival is a “plastic wise” event. This is an event committed to reducing or eliminating single-use plastic, reusing event materials and promoting the use of reusable bags and water bottles.
The festival’s aim is to be a zero-landfill waste event and focus as much as possible on compostable solutions. Thanks to the amazing team at B-Alternative, there will be “Bin Fairies” positioned at each waste station on the day to help Festival goers choose the correct bin to dispose of their rubbish. This will serve the purpose of educating patrons, controlling waste at the Festival and ensuring cross-contamination of waste does not occur.
We encourage all Festival visitors to bring their own drink bottle and resusable coffee cup and other utensils where possible. All food and beverage vendors at the Festival have committed to supplying their fare in compostable or recyclable packaging.
The festival has also pledged to “blow bubbles not balloons” and is registered with Zoos Victoria as a supporter of their “When balloons fly, seabirds die” campaign.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors
This Children’s Week activity is presented by Great Ocean Road Coast Committee Incorporated in partnership with the Victorian Government.
Thank you also to Torquay Farmers Market for the use of their marquees on the day and B-Alternative for their assistance in aiming to make this a zero-landfil event.